About Town With Marcus Goodwin of Icecream Hands
Thursday, 13 September 2007
WHEN DID THE BAND FORM-
DESCRIBE YOUR MUSIC IN A COUPLE OF SENTENCES:
It’s a little bit pop and a little bit rock – I think prock is the term…
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MELBOURNE VENUE TO PERFORM AT-
The Corner – legendary pub.
WHAT’S SPECIAL ABOUT LIVE MUSIC IN MELBOURNE-
So many world class bands.
WHAT’S ANNOYING ABOUT LIVE MUSIC IN MELBOURNE-
Lack of punters to go around all the great bands.
WHERE IS YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO SHOP FOR CDS AND RECORDS IN MELBOURNE, AND WHY-
JB Hi Fi – just ‘cause it’s cheap.
WHERE’S YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE FOR A CHEAP MEAL IN MELBOURNE-
The local curry house where I buy my lunch – it’s called the ‘Ragginchickendoo’
WHAT’S YOUR PICK FOR A SUNDAY AFTERNOON PUB-
Don’t know, I’m usually mowing the lawn on Sunday arvo.
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE MOST EXCITING THING HAPPENING IN MUSIC AT THE MOMENT-
The electric guitar – always has been…
TELL US ABOUT YOUR MOST MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE AS A PERFORMER.
Playing the Big Day Out tour in 2000.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR MOST MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE AS A SPECTATOR.
Flaming Lips concert at the Palace a couple of years ago.
WHO: Icecream Hands
WHAT: Come Along EP launch at Spectrum
WHEN: Saturday 22 September
FIVE THINGS THAT ROCK YOUR WORLD
1. Townes Van Zandt: I’m a recent convert but this guy is incredible – another ‘unknown legend’, a bit like the Icecream Hands!
2. My new guitar: it’s a Fender Jazzmaster I bought a few months ago… I’ve wanted one for about 20 years.
3. Jimi Maroudas: producer of our new album The Good China…best guy to work with in the studio – he’s awesome.
4. The Chaser’s War on Everything – shit that show makes me laugh!
5. My wife and two kids – hey, I’m a family man.